Sunday, August 8, 2010

Last Few Days in Boise!

I always say Boise, but for the record we are really in Meridian. It is located just outside of Boise and not many people know it exists unless they are familiar with the area.

Anyway, our last day at APX was July 23. We planned to drive to Boise on Saturday the 24th but had a lot going on. Sunday we arrived in the late afternoon and ate dinner, had cake & ice cream to celebrate our birthdays, then watched Toy Story.
Monday we went to dentist, had dinner at Texas Roadhouse (plus birthday dessert!) and saw Toy Story 3 in 3D. At home we watched Toy Story 2.
Tuesday we were supposed to head back to Utah but I had another dentist appointment to fix some cavities. Scott spent both days doing stuff around the house: cleaning the garage, re wiring the surround system for the tv, and fixing all 3 computers that needed it! He successfully revived the two we thought were lost. Tuesday afternoon I went to the distribution center (while one was still close!) for some new garments. I have only been to the distribution center in Orem, so to me this one was really small! Once I got used to the idea I decided that it's way easier to let the workers get things for you. While I was out and about with Scott's mom, he and his dad went to play a few games of tennis. Scott's mom made sweet and sour chicken for dinner then we went to Wahoo's for mini-golf, lazer tag and video games. On the way home Scott's dad decided to be a hero and stopped for snow cones! I branched out and got something new called Jamaican Me Crazy. It was delicious! It was a combo of three flavors but I don't remember what they were.
Wednesday we slept in then went to the temple together. On our way there we stopped for an early lunch at a Mongolian grill. Delicious! I keep forgetting how big the Provo temple is and I realize it every time we go somewhere else. We didn't bring church clothes or temple clothes, so we borrowed church stuff from the fam and rented temple clothes which I have never done before. After the temple we went home to relax. Once Janelle came home from work we ate some leftovers and bid everyone farewell for the next few months. A few photos are below. :)

Scottie & I with our birthday cake. :)
Dinner at Texas Roadhouse!
Coming home from the dentist.  It always makes me laugh when I smile after having shots in my mouth!
At the temple! My eyes are closed, but aside from that I love the picture.
On the drive back to Utah. It was hard to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!