Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Drive to Iowa

It all started on a sunny day in California...Sunday morning my dad and I took Scottie to the airport. He had a 6:00 am flight to Denver with a connection to Des Moines. He made it there by 1:00 pm, rented a car, and met with our landlord Mike to get the keys to our place. After getting back to Patsy's house we took a morning nap. :) We left Live Oak (the city Patsy and Amanda live in) in the early afternoon and started the journey home in the motor home! Cherish and Joey came along to Reno and we rode their quads for a few hours. After cool showers in the motor home we took to the road again at about 5:00 pm. During the drive we stopped a few times so dad could sleep and we made it home around 7:00 Monday morning. Crazy!

We spent Monday doing laundry, cleaning the motor home, running errands, and packing the car (we packed up my dad's pickup the Saturday before so it was ready to go). Once we had completed everything we found our way to the highway! It was about 8:00 pm when we left Provo and we only drove about four hours until we stopped for the night. We stayed at Little America (somewhere in Wyoming) and it was great! Thay had a room with one king and one queen - the queen in a separate bedroom. Sean and my dad took the king while I snagged the queen and private bedroom. It was nice!

Tuesday
morning we slept in and had breakfast before leaving in the morning, then we drove. And drove. And drove. All. Day. Long. It's actually isn't too bad if you enjoy the "scenery" that is Nebraska...I had a fun time with the boys though.

We arrived in Des Moines around 3:30 am on Wednesday to find that the hotel didn't have our reservation. Boooo. Scott booked it for us through Travelocity and we even showed them the prepaid confirmation. We went on a hunt and by 4:00 am we were comfortably checked into the Ramada for 1/2 price. Yay!

A few photos? Indeed!

Our car and dad's truck all ready to go!
My room at Little America.
The Nebraska sign. Very plain, just like the state.
I have a photo of the Iowa sign from driving to Nauvoo last fall so I figured I would use the same one.
Me in the truck.
In Nebraska there were crickets everywhere! This was at a gas station.

1 comment:

  1. Ok. My uncle used to work at The Little America in Cheyenne. I've been there once or twice... or too many times to count. ;) So many memories! haha! Looks like you've had a lot of adventures lately! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback!