Saturday, January 23, 2010

Primary!


When Scott and I were first married we served in the nursery together for about nine months, then taught CTR 6 for a few more months until we moved to our place in Orem.

We moved into our current ward the last week of December in 2008, and a month or so later Scott and I both received callings. He has been serving as the primary pianist (which always brings a good story) and I have been playing in nursery with the little kids. The first few months of nursery are tough, getting to know the schedule and procedures as well as the kids. The kids also tend to be a little afraid of you until they realize that you're an okay grown-up. :) I have been in this ward's nursery for almost a year, but now I am teaching CTR 7! I have never taught a class by myself before, so it's a new experience and I am loving it! I miss nursery a lot, and the new sunbeams who know me always turn around and point saying "dere's my odder teecher!" There are only six kids in my class, but so far I have only met one of them.

I forget how much kids like to talk about themselves and how easily they get sidetracked, but with only one child in the class we have plenty of time for tangents during the lesson. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats...that is a fun age to teach...they can read and understand...and still want to be good!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback!