Monday, January 11, 2010

More Water?

The evening that we arrived home from Boise I noticed that our bathroom rug was wet, but I figured that somehow it just hadn't dried from before we left. I also noticed that the light was very dim and yellow so I figured that a bulb needed changed (although I only remembered putting one bulb in last time they burned out). Sunday evening I was spending some quiet time with myself and decided to change the bulb. Why not? I grabbed a chair to stand on and slowly started unscrewing the light fixture from the base. After all the screws were off it was still hanging, so I carefully tugged it toward me. It came off with a little resistance, along with a bunch of smelly water. It was everywhere, including the front of my dress and my cozy pink slippers! I walked upstairs to grab our landlord Darren in the event that there was a big problem. He said that the bathtub upstairs had overflowed during the week while we were gone and he forgot to check into it later. He carefully removed the entire light fixture and put up a brand new one that he had sitting in the garage. Talk about great service!

We've also had issues with our sink since it overflowed and flooded the apartment in October, so we came home to old bits of food crusted along the bottom of our sink (sent from the kitchen disposal upstairs). I washed the sink out really well and inspected the area to be sure it hadn''t overflowed and all was well. A few days later I came home from work and found that both sides of the double sink were full of dirty water. Ick.

Our sink has also had a few issues since it overflowed over Halloween while we were in Nauvoo, but nothing too bad. Sometimes water will backup a little but it drains after a few minutes. Well last week I came home from work one night to find that both sinks were full of dirty dishwater from upstairs. I asked Darren to come down again to take a look at it - I feel like we bother him a lot, but it's better to tell him before things get out of control - and he tried to drain it to no avail. I told him that it didn't need to be taken care of right away, so he spent most of the next morning and afternoon taking care of it. He ended up running a snake from the roof (which I didn't know could be done) and fixing the problem. Our sink has never worked better!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, Rachel, I wish you no more problems with the water. We have had that experience and nothing is worse, that water, especially not your own. Wishing you success!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback!