Saturday, January 16, 2010

Life Update!

I mentioned before that I finished last semester with my best college GPA yet, although I received a B for my dance team. I have been e-mailing my coach to get it worked out, because there was no way that I had lost that many points. I seldom missed practice and wasn't late too often. I also attended every single performance even when I wasn't dancing. Tonight I received the final word that my coach is submitting a grade change form for me on Tuesday to raise my grade to an A-. Hooray! I could not be more ecstatic, especially because my GPA will be even higher now, even if not by much.

As for this semester, I will be keeping busy. I have 17 credits, three of which are dance. The rest of my credits are core credits including Hotel Operations, Food & Beverage Management, Food & Beverage Operations/Controls, Hospitality Marketing, and Effective Business Presentations. I love them all! Right now I am working on completing all that I can in advance. My goal is to have every assignment (as listed on the syllabus) completed by Tuesday so all I have to do is submit them when the time comes. It makes for a crazy few weeks, but that is better than a crazy semester. I am also going to be working about 32 hours each week because our call volume is starting to pick up. At work we now have a cafe where you get a free meal for every eight hours worked. The best part? The meals are delicious! With the way my schedule is I will go straight to work after class and have time to eat for free in the cafe before my shift starts and the nights that I work later I can catch some homework time because things slow down at night.

Scott is also picking up the pace a bit this semester with his BioChem class at UVU. I can't remember if I have already mentioned this, so here is it (possibly again). One of his acceptances came from Des Moines University in Iowa and we chose them over the school in Glendale, AZ. Well DMU requires one course in BioChemistry (which most schools do not require) which Scott has never taken. Since he has already graduated he can't go back to BYU for credit unless he is a grad student, so Welcome to UVU Scott! The experience is very different, but I think he is coming to like it. He is still at APX as well, getting in his 40 hours each week and benefiting from the in-house cafe as well.

Last but not least is exercise and hobbies! I have dance every morning from 6:50 to 7:50 and I have a technique class on MWF for an hour as well. While I am off dancing, Scottie likes to play basketball with some guys from work. They play at APX in our big gym and he loves getting up and getting his exercise. We decided that we needed an activity to do together and that it wouldn't hurt for it to be some form of exercise. We each have a membership to Throwdown Elite Training Center (which is primarily for training cage fighters) for free through APX and they have some really great fitness classes. We decided to go for Yoga because it would be low key and calming. It was definitely calming, but in no way was it low key. We have gone to the class only once although it runs twice a week. It was 70 minutes long and crazy difficult but we absolutely loved it! We can't wait to start going regularly, and I think that it will really help me with my flexibility and balance for dance. Not to mention the fact that we now have something to do together that neither of us is experienced in. :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the wonderful GPA!!!!!! That is a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback!