Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Banana Bread!

I just made some banana bread and wanted to boast about how amazing it is. Maybe I think it's so delectable because I made it, but it's okay to be bias sometimes. A while ago I posted about cooking catastrophes and Maranda gave me some tips on banana bread. Tonight I implemented them and things went well.


Thank you Maranda!

If you're interested, here is the recipe:

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2-3 over ripe, crushed bananas
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1/4 cup nuts (I use chocolate chips instead)

Directions
Cream butter and sugar; add eggs and beat well. Add bananas, flour, baking soda, salt, and nuts (and/or chocolate chips). Pour in greased loaf pan (a glass one works best) and bake at 350 degrees for about and hour. Hint: Put a separate bowl of water in the oven while the bread bakes.

2 comments:

  1. Great! Thanks for the new recipe. that is a good one. here another great banana bread that I have found:

    PS. Love your wedding pictures that temple looks so pretty

    http://www.markdownmom.com/one-banana-two-bananas-three-banana-bread

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so glad you like it!:) Adam intentionally rotts some banana's so I'll make some! We'll still need to get together for lunch:) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback!