Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Learning New Skills

Lately I have been very interested in learning all that I can about the following:
  1. Meal Planning - I define this as the art of planning meals for the week to come. It also may include the cooking and freezing of said meals for quick and easy dinners as well as shopping for ingredients.
  2. Coupon Clipping - My high school ballroom coach has mastered the art of coupon clipping, and I'm ready to start! I have learned that the main secret is to keep your coupons organized and accessible.
  3. Food Storage - I am trying to learn more about the usage of food storage, before I actually begin the accumulation part. If anyone has any recipes that could assist me in cooking with my food storage basics, please let me know!
  4. Cooking - I like to cook, especially from scratch, but it takes so much time that it's very difficult. My favorite website is AllRecipes.com. You can find any recipe, any time, using any ingredients. You can also double, half, quarter (etc) any recipe, read user reviews, and save your favorites for later! The site also has easy printing options for each recipe and contains lots of great articles.
  5. Baking - I absolutely love to bake, mainly because I can be a little more creative. As with cooking I love to bake from scratch, and I enjoy finding recipes when I don't have much in my pantry to choose from.
All that said, here are some great articles I have found in the past few days, all found AllRecipes.
There are many more articles on the site, so feel free to browse!

1 comment:

  1. THIS WEBSITE IS GREAT! I TOTALLY STOLE IT FROM YOUR FUN SITES LIST! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET CRACKIN ON THIS ON FRIDAY! YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO TEACH ME YOUR SKILLS!!! I'M SO EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback!