Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Bus

Many of you are aware that Scott and I ride the bus any time that we can. Ok, not any time, but for the most part. Now that we've moved though, it's much easier for me to ride the bus to school, so even when I have a chance to drive I usually take the bus. I absolutely loved it, until today. I'll give the short version.

Scott dropped me off at school on the way to his internship, and I realized that I had left one of my assignments at home. My only chance to turn it in before class ended was to take the next bus home, grab my assignment, and get back to school. The bus runs every 15 minutes, so I figured I'd be okay.

On the bus ride home I pulled the cord signaling the driver to let me off at the next stop, but I guess he wasn't paying attention because he didn't stop. I was sitting in the front so I told him I needed the stop. He just looked at me and kept going. He didn't pull over! Ah! So I kind of starting having a quiet freak out, calculating how much time I would lose. As we approached the next stop I said "Ok I need to get off at this stop". The driver looked irritated and slowed down to let me off. I was fuming when I got off the bus, realizing how much farther from home I was.

In the end, I caught another bus back to school as planned and got to class right as it ended. I walked in to find everyone lined up turning in assignments. I quickly jumped into the line and handed in my assignments. They were on time! A HUGE wave of relief washed over me as I (for the fifth time of the day) got on a bus.

I will forever remember all my bad bus experiences, but this is definitely number one (one being the worst of course). Moral of the story? Don't be afraid to stand up and tell the driver you need to get off the bus!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Rachel,
    I am glad to see that you wrote down that story. Mostly because when you called me in the middle of the chaos, it was not funny at all! AT ALL Rachel! I could barely focus in class that day because...well we're soul mates, so naturally when you're distressed, I'm distressed! But Reading it just now, made me laugh because I knew everything would work out just fine...
    Love,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback!