Sunday, January 18, 2009

. . . And We're Back!

I can't really even remember the last time I wrote or what I wrote about. Now that I'm here writing I really don't want to go back to look at my last post, so I'll just guess. I'm pretty sure I wrote about Christmas with the Millers.

The month of December was a crazy one! Scott and I stayed in my grandma's basement bedroom through the last few weeks of school. Every day we left the house by seven or eight and didn't get home until after ten. Those were long days. We also didn't go grocery shopping until just last week - the last time I remember going was the week before Thanksgiving. Once finals were over we finished out the week at work and headed to Boise! We were there for about a week and I loved every minute of it. We got snowed in, which caused us to miss some family shindigs back in Utah, but all is well. We loved spending time with the family.

Once we got back from Boise we packed up all of our clothes and moved into our new place! We now live in Orem - much closer to UVU. Our new apartment is wonderful! We have two bedrooms, one bathroom, and a nice sized kitchen/living room. We also have lots of storage space, which is great. The people who own the house live upstairs and they are better than I could have hoped for. When we moved in the dryer was broken, and it was replaced before we could really notice.

We have since been getting back into things as best we can. A new semester and a new work schedule go nicely with the new apartment. The only bummer with our new schedules is that I am usually off work/school by seven, when Scott is busy until ten, but we have lots of weekend time to make up for it!

Last but not least, we now attend a new ward! Today was our first time in the new ward, and I loved it! I felt completely at ease with everyone and had a great time. I'm very excited to get to know people around us, and I am excited to see if we get callings. Since we've been married we have served in the nursery and primary, so going to Relief Society is a big change, but I love it!

2 comments:

  1. GIRL-WE GOTTA GET TOGETHER! WE CAN HAVE YOU OVER FOR DINNER, FHE, OR WE COULD DOUBLE! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS OF FUN THINGS TO DO-LET ME KNOW, CAUSE I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BRAINSTORM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel I LOVE the new place!!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback!