Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving Week!

Thanksgiving week was so, so much fun! Monday I had school and work, then Scottie and I went to my friend Nicole's Wedding Dinner at the Skyroom Restaurant at BYU. It was wonderful to be there with everyone the evening before the wedding. Nicole and Glen are perfect for each other!

Tuesday morning I went to dance then Scottie and I made our way to the Provo Temple for Nicole's sealing! It was neat to be there for her sealing, and also to be with so many friends in the temple. After the sealing we took a few photos, then Scott went to work while I went to get our apartment back in order. Later that evening I went to the reception with my parents (also in the Skyroom Restaurant) and it was so fun to see all of my high school friends there! After the reception we made our way up to Draper to party with Scottie's family.

Wednesday morning we all went to the Draper Temple for Scott's cousin Bryan's wedding. He married the cutest girl named Holly and we had a nice time seeing them married and taking pictures. After pictures we went to Madeline's Steakhouse in South Jordan for the luncheon. It was funny to be there two years after our wedding since that is where we had our luncheon as well. The food was great, and when we were finished we went back to the hotel to chill for a while. After a nice dinner we went to the reception where we had the time of our lives dancing the night away!

Thanksgiving Thursday was long and busy, but so much fun! We got up in the morning and Scottie and I drove back to Provo for a nice breakfast at my dad's house. A few of my siblings ended up not being able to make it, but we had a great time with some great food. After breakfast wrapped up a little we went back to Draper for lunch/dinner with the entire Sorensen family (minus the missionaries and newlyweds). We used the cultural hall in the church because we had do many people, and the food was absolutely delicious and the company could not have been better! Soon after we ate, Scott and I made our way back to Utah County to have dinner at my mom's house. The food was delicious and I played with my niece and nephew. So fun! After spending a few hours there, we went back up to Draper for some time at the hotel pool. So great!

Black Friday brought Black Friday Shopping. Julie's husband Landon got us super early to fight the crowds at Kohls while we slept until nine-ish before heading out around ten. The shopping wasn't too busy, and we all found some great Christmas gifts for great prices. Later that evening Scottie went to his cousin's house to watch the BSU game while I relaxed at the hotel. I had a pool party with the Miller girls (and Landon!) and we had so much fun before running to Smith's for some holiday oreos. :)

Saturday was a nice day that we spent with the Miller family! We went to a church building to play volleyball, basketball and soccer. It was so much fun! I've never been super into sports, but it was fun to play carefree not many rules sports. Also, I'm not very competitive so it was nice to be playing for fun. After the sports we went to Grandparent Miller home to eat some really good food for dinner! During our down time all of the cousins watched Emperor's New Groove - great movie! After dinner, a bunch of us made our way to Temple Square to see Savior of The World. It was a great show about Mary & Joseph in their days up until Jesus was born and the time just after he died. It was a great way to kick off the holiday season!

Sunday came, and we drove back to Orem for church. We slept in our own bed for the first time in a month, and life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!