Friday, November 28, 2008

My Thanksgiving Week

Monday we packed everything from our spare bedroom (this doesn't sound like a big job, but it's kind of our dumping ground for things), bathroom, and kitchen. I kept boxes for some of the dishes which was great - I highly recommend keeping the original packing. We've also kept any boxes we have gotten a hold of, so that was also very helpful.

Tuesday we looked at a new apartment before heading to Boise. We were going to take it but decided not to at the last minute. We finally got out of town and decided to crash with family in Ogden to split the drive. The Blackers rock! We gave them really short notice but everything turned out great. We had a blast spending time with everyone and it was fun for me to get to know them a little better.

Wednesday we got into Boise in the afternoon and partied with the family until check-in time at the Anniversary Inn. We stayed in the Mysteries of Egypt room and it was great! I'll have to post pictures. After dropping our stuff at the hotel we had dinner at PF Changs. It was amazing!

Thursday we had a big Thanksgiving dinner with a few families from the ward then watched a movie with the family. We also took our usual Thanksgiving day naps.

Black Friday we all slept in and lounged on the couch for the duration of the day. Scott and I ventured out shopping in the afternoon, but didn't come back with anything. After dinner Mom and Dad Miller took us to Costco to get us some much needed items. Thank you to the parents! We watched another movie before heading to bed.

Saturday morning we went to the temple, and it was great. Last time we went to the Boise temple for a session I was the only girl, so getting to and from the dressing room was tricky. I'm just used to the Provo temple. Lucky for me the temple workers love to help! Today was especially nice because Lisa came and I got to sit next to her. At home I did lots of homework until we went to dinner, then Scott's friend Andy came over to hang out. It was great to talk to him a little and get to know him better.

Sunday we'll be heading back to Provo - back to school for only a few short weeks before the break. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you had such a great weekend! I want to see pictures from Anniversary Inn when you have time to post them. (I've added your blog to ours by-the-way.) Good luck moving into the new apartment today. I wish I could come and help you...but since I'm not supposed to be lifting anything slightly heavy...I'd probably get in the way more then I'd help. :(

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback!