Sunday, March 21, 2010

Summer Time!

I know that it isn't summer yet but as our boss says, "it is vastly approaching". Scott and I are both Data Entry Supervisors at APX Alarm in Provo and the summer season is a big deal to our department since the company has been built on a summer sales program.

In the past our department has been run by one manager, six supervisors, and twelve team leaders but this summer we are trying something completely different. We now have five supervisors managing the department as a group, and instead of reporting to the manager we go straight to the director. Each supervisor is going to be responsible for a personal area of the department (hiring, staffing, morale, etc.) as well as roughly 20 employees through the summer. I am very excited for this new opportunity as I will be able to take on some bigger responsibilities and have the chance to have a greater impact on the people, department and company.

My personal area is hiring employees and staffing our department accordingly. I have never been directly involved with hiring, so I am excited to be able to add this to my resume. Over the past few weeks I have been constantly preparing for our recruiting open house meetings - so far, the work has paid off! Our first meeting was on March 18 and everything was great! Our call floor was incredibly busy all week because it was Spring Break for UVU and a lot of salespeople went out for the week, but we were able to keep a few people off the phones to help interview and direct people at our meeting.

Things will only get busier at work as the semester comes to an end, but I am so excited for sunny days and warm weather!

1 comment:

I love feedback!