Monday, February 15, 2010

Life

Life is good! Here is a short update of life in the past few weeks:

  • I interviewed for a supervisor position at work a few weeks ago, and on Wednesday I was offered the position! I have been anxiously awaiting this for months and I am very excited to take on new obstacles at work!
  • Scott took his first BioChem test of the semester and is feeling pretty good about it! All the questions were free response which makes things tricky, but Scott is great at handling tricky situations.
  • I took my first test of the semester for my Food & Beverage Controls class. It was all multiple choice, which is the best kind of test!
  • I competed against other ballroom students at UVU in our dance lab and took fifth place in the samba! At all the labs I have danced in this was the first that I was even called back from the first round, and I had so much fun!
  • Scott and I went to the Institute Date Dance for Valentine's and it was semi-formal. We went with Glen and Nicole and saw a ton of friends while we were there. It was fun to dress up, eat free food, and attempt to dance with the brass band music.
  • Scott and I also went out to dinner at our favorite restaurant in Provo, Los 3 Amigos. It is very inexpensive and absolutely delicious! At the end of our meal our server gave me a flower while he gave Scott the check.
  • Scott played a piano solo (A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief - one of my favorites!) at church on Valentine's Day and was also called to be the Assistant Ward Organist in addition to his current calling as the Primary Pianist.
  • We have also watched a few different movies together including The Lord of The Rings Trilogy Extended Editions. So much time sitting on the couch, but so worth it.
  • I made Scott a fun Valentine out of construction paper. :)








2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I think you are the only human on earth who could get Scott to go to a dance! AND get him to wear a mask! As always, Rachel, I am impressed by your skills! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback!