Monday, June 1, 2009

Three Cups of Tea

I have officially finished my first book from my summer reading list! Three Cups of Tea is the story of Greg Mortenson, a climber who promoted peace "One School at a Time." After his failed attempt to reach the summit of K2, Mortenson lost his course and stumbled into a remote village in Pakistan. After being nursed back to health by the people of Korphe, Mortenson promised to return one day to build a school for the children of the impoverished village. Over the next ten years Mortenson built fifty-five schools throughout Pakistan and Afghanistan.


This book is definitely on my list of books that everyone should read at least once in their lifetime. You can visit the website at www.threecupsoftea.com for more information. Seven percent of each book purchase through the site is donated toward a girls' education scholarship fund in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Next up? Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the suggestion! I just finished My Sister's Keeper...pretty good, little sad! I also read Of Mice and Men, Great Gatsby, The Hourglass Door, and Recovering Charles last week. I have been eying Three Cups of Tea at the store...it is so hard to know what's worth reading/buying. Let me know what else you suggest, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback!